About Us > History
Find Your Sales Rep

Experience Since 1947

Preloader
  • 1947

    1947

    Interstate Diesel Service (IDS) was founded by Mr. Al Buescher. At the time, trucks were powered by gasoline engines not diesel engines. Diesel engines were new to the scene and it was a fast-growing market in the USA. Interstate Diesel shared a small space within ACME Radiators on Carnegie Ave. and E71st street in Cleveland, OH. IDS was repairing General Motors © (Detroit Diesel©) unit fuel injectors primarily for trucks.

  • 1949

    1949

    American Diesel, a Detroit Diesel© injector rebuilder on the west side of Cleveland was acquired and integrated into IDS.

  • 1958

    1958

    IDS makes its second acquisition – Korody Marine’s fuel injection business.

  • 1964

    1964

    IDS becomes the largest independent aftermarket rebuilder of Detroit Diesel© injectors in North America.

  • 1971

    1971

    IDS acquires Findley Diesel, a manufacturer of Cummins© fuel injection. IDS begins production of Cummins© plungers and barrels.

  • 1979

    1979

    McBee Supply Corp. is born as Mrs. Ann Buescher pushes the company beyond manufacturing and into distribution of replacement parts for both Cummins© and Caterpillar© fuel injection. Together, IDS and McBee Supply become known as Interstate-McBee (IMCB).

  • 1980

    1980

    IDS becomes the OEM fuel injection supplier to Allis Chalmers© leading to the initial production of needle valve nozzles.

  • 1983

    1983

    McBee goes beyond just fuel injection and launches its Cummins© Engine Replacement Parts line.

  • 1985

    1985

    Interstate-McBee wins the coveted “E” award, awarded by the President of the United States for “Excellence in Export”.

  • 1986

    1986

    Due to growth, IMCB moves from its second location on East 19th Street to 4901 Lakeside Avenue.

  • 1991

    1991

    Many new, large investments are made in computer numerically controlled lathes, machining centers and grinders enhancing manufacturing capabilities.

  • 1992

    1992

    IMCB patents the “Ecotip©” for EMD© fuel injectors. The Ecotip technology provides lower smoke and better fuel economy.

  • 1993

    1993

    IMCB acquires the Cummins© aftermarket engine parts business from Dipaco.

  • 1996

    1996

    IMCB launches Detroit Diesel© engine components.

  • 1998

    1998

    IMCB starts in-house production of gaskets at its Cleveland plant.

  • 1999

    1999

    IDS becomes the exclusive OEM mechanical fuel injection supplier to Electro Motive Diesel©. All initial EMD© emissions certified engines use IMCB patented Ecotip technology.

  • 2004

    2004

    IMCB opens new branch warehouse in Miami, FL.

  • 2007

    2007

    IMCB expands into new Distribution Center facility at 5300 Lakeside Ave. IDS decompresses into full 4901 facility.

  • 2011

    2011

    IMCB opens new branch warehouse in Santa Fe Springs, CA.

  • 2014

    2014

    IMCB opens new branch warehouse in Houston, TX.

  • 2016

    2016

    IMCB acquires 5000 Lakeside Ave. facility for expansion. The Cleveland corporate headquarters now encompasses three different properties in the Cleveland area.

  • 2018

    2018

    IMCB makes large investment in new machinery for development of common rail technology

  • 2019

    2019

    MCB launches John Deere© product line and opens new branch warehouse in Lincoln, NE. IMCB expands into larger branch warehouse in Houston